PART TIME | $12/hour |Flexible Days, working in Rochester, Faribault, Byron, and Stewartville. General house cleaning: dusting, vacuuming, kitchens/bathrooms, mopping floors, and laundry, shopping. Perform home cleaning and maintenance tasks that enable consumer to remain living safely in their own home, and to support consumer's ability to maintain independence and assist in preventing or delaying a move to a more restricted living arrangement. Must possess physical ability and stamina to adequately perform assigned tasks in up to three different homes per day as assigned. Must have a valid driver's license or dependable transportation to use for work purposes to travel to and from consumer's homes within established schedule.
To be considered a formal applicant, a completed application is necessary and a cover letter and resume is suggested. You may apply on-line or in person. An application may be filed from our website below or mailed to Family Service Rochester, 4600 18th Ave. NW, Rochester, MN 55901. EOE
Perform home cleaning and maintenance tasks that enable consumer to remain living safely in their own home, and to support consumer’s ability to maintain independence and assist in preventing or delaying a move to a more restricted living arrangement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete the detailed cleaning and home maintenance duties as defined in the assigned consumers’ service plans at that quality established by the agency to thoroughly insure home safety and cleanliness. These duties include, but are not limited to general housekeeping: dusting, vacuuming, cleaning kitchens/bathrooms, mopping floors, laundry, meal preparation, shopping.
- Develop positive communication and interaction with consumers to effectively maintain their home within the scope of the service plan. Respect consumer’s rights and values, responding to requests respectfully.
- Complete assigned documentation accurately and submit by established deadlines. Documentation includes, but not limited to, client service/billing records, employee time sheets, client quarterlies, and home safety checks, etc.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding concerns or challenges that may impede successful completion of consumer’s serviced plan or maintaining the consumer’s safety.
- Provide back-up coverage for co-worker’s assignment as needed to insure consumers receive uninterrupted services.
- Attend scheduled meetings, training, and employee/supervisory meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and Experience:
Prefer background experience in home care or housekeeping or demonstrate sufficient knowledge and ability to perform the core tasks. Desire experience working with diverse populations such as elderly and persons with either physical or mental disabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess physical ability and stamina to adequately perform assigned tasks in up to three different homes per day as assigned. Knowledge of general housekeeping principles and tasks that insure home safety, cleanliness and hygiene. Ability to interact and communicate positively and non-judgmentally with consumers of diverse backgrounds, values, and those experiencing memory loss at various levels due to condition such as dementia, Alzheimer’s, brain injury etc.
Must have a valid driver’s license or dependable transportation to use for work purposes to travel to and from consumer’s homes within established scheduled throughout Olmsted County.
Ability to frequently bend, crouch, twist, lift, reach, and move throughout various rooms and stairwells typically found in private homes, townhouses/condos, and apartments as needed to meet assigned housekeeping tasks. Ability to lift 25 pounds periodically on a daily basis.
Regular exposure to home environments that may include smoking and pets. Exposure to household cleaning supplies and chemicals. Ability to drive in inclement weather.