Family Based Counselor
FULL-TIME | $49,500 - $75,000 unlicensed |$53,000 - $93,000 licensed |Do you want to make a difference in your community working with children and families? Do you want to learn cutting edge skills and techniques? Are you looking for a flexible schedule that offers licensure supervision and hours towards your clinical license? We are seeking a full-time therapist to provide family counseling services within family’s homes in Goodhue County.
This is an innovative researched based intensive program that utilizes Systemic Family Therapy. Must have a passion for working with youth and families and be knowledgeable in the areas of family systems and children, adolescent and family issues. Ability to speak Spanish or another language, along with experience working with school systems a plus. Masters in social work, psychology or a related field and on track for clinical licensure in the State of Minnesota required. LICSW, LPCC, LMFT preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to client's homes and flexibility to work hours, including evenings and some weekends that meet client needs.
This position exists to provide intensive family based mental health therapy utilizing Systemic Family Therapy (SFT) practices to help youth and families use their strengths to address complex, and multifaceted problems that have not been resolved with lower intensity of community based mental health interventions. These youth may have a current recommendation of residential placement from a hospital or community mental health professional.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide strength-based, intensive mental health services to families, and children utilizing the principles of System Family Therapy in the family home, residential facility or other community setting.
- Conduct client diagnostic assessments (including outcome related) and develop a treatment plan.
- Collaborate with referral source, key participants, and other service providers involved with the family when appropriate.
- Complete weekly SFT paperwork and provide to supervisor and treatment team.
- Complete related documentation in the electronic health record as required by agency and
- Complete other related documentation as required by funders.
- Comply with professional ethics and standards.
- Adhere to CIBS Program practices to ensure fidelity of the model.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Attend supervisory sessions including weekly consults and individual supervision, and other meetings as directed.
- Work a schedule that is responsive to client and staff availability, which will include evening hours on a regular basis, and some weekends.
- If licensed, maintain professional licensure, meeting training requirements.
- Must be on clinical track for licensure through current licensing board at the State of Minnesota.
- Remain current with best practice standards and related research.
- All other duties as assigned by the Clinical Program Supervisor.
Student intern supervision, intermittently.
Training and Experience:
Master’s degree in human service field is required, must be on track for clinical licensure through the State of Minnesota. Current licensure in the State of Minnesota for independent practice in social work, psychology, professional counseling, or marriage and family therapy is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of family systems and advanced principles of social work practice is required. Possess the ability to work effectively with all client and professional populations. Ability to work within a team environment, and effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers, clients, and referral sources. Must possess computer literacy preferably in Microsoft Office.
Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data entry with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas and clients’ private homes to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office and private home environments. Occasional exposure to home environments that include smoking and pets. Ability to drive in inclement weather.