Senior Services Coordinator - Rice County
PART-TIME | $20.67 - $28.84/hour |Located in Rice County, the Senior Services Coordinator connects with and arranges services to support older adults to remain living independently. The coordinator provides outreach to older adults, volunteer base and community partners. The coordinator meets consumers in their home to assess & establish a relationship of trust, then jointly prepare a senior independence plan that outlines steps to extend living at home.
Position exists to connect with and arrange services to support older adults to remain living independently. Senior outreach to build consumer caseload, volunteer base and partnerships. Older adult and community engagement are essential parts of the position. NHN staff meet consumers in their home to assess & establish a relationship of trust, then jointly prepare a senior independence plan that outlines individual wants, needs, next steps to extend living at home. Primary goals are to facilitate independent living; coordinate activities and community networks that help older adults.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete consumer assessments, create and monitor independence plan implementation within the context of family, medical, and larger community to enhance well-being and independent living in their own home.
- Complete required documentation within established timeframes.
- Conduct outreach and promote utilization of Neighbors Helping Neighbors to generate an ongoing referral stream of older adults who would benefit from NHN’s community-based services.
- Participate in outreach strategies to generate adequate volunteers to provide assistance to older adults in activities such as outside chores, housekeeping, home maintenance, transportation.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Participate as requested in the development, submission, and ongoing reporting for various funding and grant proposals.
- Attend supervisory sessions and other meetings as directed.
- Work a schedule that is responsive to consumer availability and FSR need usually within normal business hours. May include rotating on-call weekend responsibilities for Meals on Wheels.
- Attend trainings to improve skill levels and stay relevant in the field.
- Complete all other related documentation as required/directed.
- Other activities as assigned.
Program volunteers and interns within assigned program responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree. Two years human service experience. Social Work degree preferred. Persons of Color encouraged to apply.
Training and Experience:
Previous experience in sales, working with older adults, community engagement/grassroots organizing among diverse populations, Spanish or Somali language desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the ageing process and strength-based approaches are required. Must be innovative and possess the ability to effectively connect with diverse populations, network with community partners, demonstrate leadership while working in a team environment, and effectively communicate with the community, colleagues, co-workers and consumers individually and in group settings. Must possess computer literacy.
Must have a valid driver’s license and/or dependable transportation for work purposes. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to respond to crises and deadlines.
Must be able to regularly speak/understand/read/write English, hear, walk, sit, stand and perform keystrokes to enter data with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequent filing, lifting (up to 30#), bending and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas, community locations and consumers’ private home to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office, in/outdoor community and private home environments. Occasional exposure to home environments that include smoking and pets. Ability to drive in inclement weather.
To be considered a formal applicant, a completed application is necessary and a cover letter and resume is suggested. You may apply on-line or in person. An application may be filed from our website www.familyservicerochester.org or mailed to Family Service Rochester, 4600 18th Ave NW; Rochester, MN 55901. EOE.