Family Access Center: Program Coordinator
FULL TIME | $43,000-$60,000/year| Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of local families? Do you desire to work for a long-standing community based program invested in maintaining relationships between parents and children? If so, Family Service Rochester is looking for you! We are currently seeking an organized individual to provide services as a Program Coordinator at our Family Access Center.
This position coordinates and oversee daily operations of the Family Access Center to ensure delivery of the program’s services in an effective and efficient manner and ensures that services are provided in harmony with stated program goals, objectives and outcomes. Position is responsible for managing daily program operations, client intakes, scheduling services, related documentation and record keeping, along with providing on call hours. Ideal candidates will possess a degree in social work or related human service field and experience working with families challenged by abuse, domestic violence, parental conflict, and child abuse/neglect. Must be a team player and demonstrate ability to develop and maintain positive interactions with clients, courts, social services, and other referring professionals. Requires own transportation and flexibility to work a schedule that may include evening or weekend hours as needed to meet program and family needs.
Position exists to coordinate and oversee daily operations of the Family Access Center services to ensure delivery of the program’s services in an effective and efficient manner and ensures that services are provided in harmony with stated program goals, objectives and outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct client intakes to explain services, program guidelines, and participant responsibilities to ensure program meets stated goals related to child/victim safety during parent-child interactions provided at the Center.
- Train and support family monitor staff/volunteers to prepare them to perform monitoring activities in harmony with program goals and objectives.
- Provide information and referrals when needed for community resources to victims/parents
- Respond to requests for information from clients and referral sources in a clear and timely manner.
- Manage and complete assigned activities that include client scheduling, accurate files/record keeping, compiling program data for reports, and computer database entry to ensure the delivery of services and the record of services provided are documented within established deadlines.
- Community outreach/presentations as requested to promote the availability of services and volunteer opportunities within the Family Access Center.
- Participate as requested to assist in the development, submission, and ongoing reporting for various funding and grant proposals.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Attend team meetings and supervisory meetings as scheduled or directed.
- Communicate and consult with supervisor to ensure the provision of neutral and strength-based services within a safe environment and ongoing program development.
- On-call support to monitor staff during hours of Center operations.
- Other activities as directed by supervisor.
Training and Experience: MN Social Work license or license eligibility and/or bachelor’s degree in a human services field with relevant experience working with families challenged by child abuse/neglect and family violence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Requires understanding of divorce or separation and its impact upon children and parents. Knowledge of child development desirable. Must be able to interact positively with diverse populations and possess capacity and maturity to be observant, non-judgmental, and ability to intervene when necessary in a professional respectful manner; and work within a team environment; effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers and clients. Must possess computer literacy.
Special Requirements: Must have a valid Driver’s License and dependable transportation to use for work purposes. Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening or weekend hours as needed to meet program and family needs. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines including occasional family monitor coverage.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data entry with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting and reaching; ability to move throughout office and center facility; ability to periodically help co-workers in arrange parenting time rooms that includes folding, moving, and setting up tables, stack/unstack chairs, and move rolling cabinets.
Regular exposure to normal office environments, supplies and office machines. Occasional exposure to outside weather that includes high or low temperatures, light snow, etc. Ability to drive in inclement weather.
To be considered a formal applicant, a completed application is necessary and a cover letter and resume is suggested. You may apply on-line or in person. An application may be filed from our website www.familyservicerochester.org or mailed to Family Service Rochester, 4600 18th Ave NW; Rochester, MN 55901. EOE.