Position exists to support the efficient operations of senior independence services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide assistance and coordination within Senior Independence services. Duties include completing the daily tasks and accurate record keeping, ensuring ongoing operations of the Meals on Wheels program. Compiling of program data for reports, computer database entry within established timelines and responding to consumer concerns.
2. Triage incoming calls before directing to appropriate staff
3. Proficiently operate numerous software programs (Seniors Express, CareLogic, Get Connected, MS Office Suite, etc.)
4. Assist with consumer and volunteer feedback process
5. Assist consumers with concierge service requests, grocery order/delivery, etc.
6. Ensure volunteer portal remains accurate, manage expiration dates
7. Contact consumers regarding services and scheduling home visits
8. Provide reception services
9. Implement quality assurance standards within the program as directed by Supervisor.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Attend team meetings and supervisory meetings as scheduled or directed.
2. Provide on-call and direct support to Senior Independence programs.
3. Work a schedule that is responsive to program needs, which may include evening and rotating weekend responsibilities for Meals on Wheels.
4. Other activities as directed by supervisor.
Training and Experience:
Associates Degree in human services, administrative support or related field with two years of work experience in a human service environment, or the equivalent training and experience is required. Experience working with the elderly and people with disabilities preferred.
Experience working with volunteer programing a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Possess the ability to work effectively with diverse populations; to work within a team environment; effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers, volunteers, and consumers. Must possess high degree of computer literacy.
Must be able to work an established schedule designed to best meet program needs, which may include some evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes.
Must be able to regularly speak, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to accurately enter data with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting, and reaching; and have the ability to move throughout office. Must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds.
Regular exposure to normal office environments, supplies and office machines. Some exposure to the outside weather that includes high or low temperatures, snow, rain, wind, etc.