Position exists to connect with and arrange services to support older adults to remain living independently in their homes. Will enroll older adults in Neighbors Helping Neighbors program and develop volunteer base and resources. Community engagement, volunteer matching, responding to service requests, and fund development are essential functions of the position. Primary goals are to aid in securing appropriate resources which facilitate independent living; coordinating activities and community networks that help older adults.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Promote development and utilization of Neighbors Helping Neighbors through public relations, use of social media, one-on-one conversations, and presentations.
2. Identify and implement outreach strategies to generate an ongoing referral stream of older adults who would benefit from the community services being offered.
3. Participate in outreach strategies to generate adequate volunteers to provide assistance to older adults in activities such as outside chores, housekeeping, home maintenance, and transportation.
4. Make referrals to appropriate staff for completion of assessments and adult case management.
5. Complete required documentation in Carelogic as appropriate and within established timeframes.
6. Partner in development and delivery of volunteer training and fundraising.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Participate, as requested, to assist in the development, submission, and ongoing reporting for various funding and grant proposals.
2. Attend supervisory sessions and other meetings as directed.
3. Work a schedule that is responsive to consumer availability and FSR need which is usually within normal business hours. May include occasional evenings and weekends.
4. Attend trainings to improve skill levels and stay relevant in the field.
5. Complete all other related documentation as required/directed.
6. Other activities as assigned.
Program volunteers and interns within assigned program responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience in community outreach.
Training and Experience:
Previous experience working with older adults, community engagement, program development and grassroots outreach/organizing. Spanish or Somali language is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of program development, the aging process, and strength-based approaches are required. Must be innovative and possess the ability to work effectively with diverse populations, network with community partners, demonstrate leadership while working in a team environment, and effectively communicate with the community, colleagues, co-workers and clients individually and in group settings. Must possess computer literacy.
Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to respond to crises and deadlines.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas and clients’ private homes to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office and private home environments. Occasional exposure to home environments that include smoking and pets. Ability to drive in inclement weather.