Perform a variety of reception and clerical tasks to support efficient operations for the agency in areas of administration, program services, and other agency activities as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide primary reception coverage during scheduled office hours by welcoming all clients/visitors in a respectful and timely fashion whether in person or by phone.
2. Operate a multi-line phone system and forward calls to appropriate personnel.
3. Within the scope of the reception position, provide all callers and visitors accurate and appropriate information regarding agency and program services.
4. Provide general clerical support including but not limited to data entry, photocopying, filing, sorting and faxing insuring accuracy and completion within established deadlines.
1. Sort and distribute incoming mail, log incoming payments & cash receipts daily. Collect outgoing mail and ensure adequately postage is affixed. Update appointment calendars.
2. Attend staff meetings and other job related trainings as directed.
3. Order and manage office and program supplies as authorized.
4. Share information with other support staff team members as needed to ensure receptionist responsibilities and coverage is maintained at all times.
5. Other duties as assigned.
No direct supervisory responsibility
Training and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED required with two years of office experience that include substantial responsibility for data entry using Microsoft Office software preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess intermediate skills in computer literacy utilizing spreadsheet, database, and word processing software programs to perform assigned tasks accurately and within established deadlines. Requires accuracy in data entry and must possess numeric aptitude. Requires ability to organize, process, and track large volumes of detailed confidential information. Must be able to demonstrate good follow-through and time management skills.
Requires the ability to create a welcoming environment for all visitors, callers, and staff. Must have the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, multi-task and handle varying workloads, and maintain confidentiality regarding client information gained through employment.
May occasionally need to flex the standard work schedule to ensure there is front office coverage due to co-workers illness, absence, etc.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data entry with speed to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools, as well as bending, lifting, and reaching; and the ability to move throughout office areas to complete work assignments.
Work environment: Exposure to normal office heating and cooling systems and chemicals used for normal office equipment.