This position exists to provide mental health services to help people increase their level of functioning, and assist in building skills and confidence to manage challenges in their lives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strength-based outpatient mental health services to families, couples, individuals, and children utilizing the principles of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy complemented with Solution Focused Therapy.
2. Conduct client diagnostic assessments, identify diagnosis when appropriate, and develop a treatment plan.
3. Collaborate with other service providers involved with the family when appropriate.
4. Complete related documentation in the electronic health record as required by agency and third-party payers in a timely manner.
5. Comply with professional ethics and standards.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Attend supervisory sessions and other meetings as directed.
2. Work a schedule that is responsive to client and staff availability, which may include evening hours on a regular basis.
3. Maintain professional licensure, meeting training requirements.
4. Remain current with best practice standards and related research.
5. All other duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services.
Student intern supervision, intermittently.
Training and Experience:
Master’s degree in human service field is required, must be on track for clinical licensure through the State of Minnesota. Current licensure in the State of Minnesota for independent practice in social work, psychology, professional counseling, or marriage and family therapy is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of family systems and possess the ability to work effectively with all client and professional populations. Ability to work within a team environment, and effectively communicates with colleagues, co-workers, clients and referral sources. Should be experienced in or wanting to develop skills in a solution focused, brief therapy model of practice. Must possess computer literacy preferably in Microsoft Office.
Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet critical deadlines.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools, filing, lifting, reaching and ability to move throughout office areas to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office environments and equipment.
To be considered a formal applicant, a completed application is necessary and a cover letter and resume is suggested. You may apply on-line or in person. An application may be filed from our website www.familyservicerochester.org or mailed to Family Service Rochester, 4600 18th Ave NW; Rochester, MN 55901. EOE.