Provides management and supervision within assigned program areas that includes staff supervision, program development, evaluation and coordination with collaborative partners. Further, the position insures that services are responsive to client needs incorporating best practices consistent with professional standards and ethics.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide supervision for assigned staff to ensure staff receive support and training that ensure performance is congruent with program purpose and modality, that comprehensive client case plans are developed and utilized to best serve the identified needs of clients.
2. Assure assigned program staff adheres to the program and personnel policies and procedures. Conduct employee evaluations and develop recommendations regarding performance, professional goals, advancement, compensation, etc. Approve/disapprove time off requests and review time sheets.
3. Monitors program records and activity to track program inputs, outputs, and outcome information to insure programs are meeting established agency and contracted goals of program performance and budget expectations. Review case records for compliance. Review and approve project and staff expenditures.
4. Proactively identify challenges in assigned program areas; communicates with team and the supervisor regarding challenges; and actively engages in problem-solving to insure continuous quality improvement.
5. Maintain a close liaison with collaborative partners, community agencies, and the community at large as related to the activities of the programs assigned.
6. Provides direct services to clients consistent with needs of assigned programs as agreed upon with the supervisor.
Other duties and responsibilities
1. Attend program team sessions and other meetings as directed
2. Work a schedule that is responsive to client and staff availability, which may include evening hours on a regular basis.
3. Attend training seminars or conferences to improve skill levels, and keep informed of best practices within the assigned program areas.
4. All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Supervise assigned program staff working within the assigned programs. Coordinate supervision with other program managers in collaborative programs to best serve the development and performance of employees.
Training and Experience:
Master’s degree in a human service field plus eligibility for licensure in the State of Minnesota for independent practice in social work is preferred. Must acquire the appropriate license within an agreed upon time frame. Must have three years of professional experience, plus demonstrable competence in program management or supervision. Must show competence in written, verbal communications, and skill in working with individuals and groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of applicable research, best-practice strategies, and advanced principles of social work practice is required. Possess the ability to work effectively with all client and professional populations. Ability to work within a team environment, and effectively communicates with colleagues, co-workers and clients. Must possess computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet software.
Must have a valid Driver’s License, and dependable transportation covered by insurance to use for work purposes. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet critical deadlines.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data with reasonable speed to insure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including filing, lifting and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office environment and private home environment, that may include smoking and pets, is required. Ability to drive in inclement weather.