Perform a variety of administrative tasks to support efficient operations within the Human Resources department of the agency.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Process and complete payroll through Greenshades and Microsoft GP Dynamics system in order to ensure the information is accurate and processed on a timely basis. Other payroll functions include benefits, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
2. Assist the Human Resources Director in the administrative support activities related to applicant processing, posting open employment positions, conducting background checks and MVR checks for new employees, conducts or assists with new hire orientation, and other related duties as assigned.
3. Maintains integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records with accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents is collected and filed appropriately.
1. Responsible to notify the Human Resources Director of expired employee licenses.
2. Assists with special events such as benefits enrollment, holiday parties, and other events.
3. Attend training seminars or conferences to improve skill levels, and keep informed of best practices.
4. All other duties as assigned by the director.
No direct supervisory responsibility
Training and Experience:
Desire an associate's degree or advance knowledge in human resources and/or accounting.
Requires training and work experience that demonstrates advance skills in MS Office, database software, problem solving, analysis, and the ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess advanced skills and literacy in MS Office software to perform assigned tasks accurately in, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must possess numeric aptitude, highly developed organizational and analytical skills, the ability to function with minimal supervision to manage large volumes of complex and confidential information, be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through ability, self-motivated, and flexible to changing priorities.
Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle for use as needed to complete assigned work errands desired.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data entry with speed to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting, and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas to complete work assignments.
Exposure to normal office heating and cooling systems and chemicals used for normal office equipment.