This position exists to provide family based mental health and relationship counseling services utilizing a solution focused approach to help people increase their level of functioning, and assist in building skills and confidence to manage challenges in their lives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strength-based, intensive (depending on client program) mental health services to families, couples, individuals, and children utilizing the principles of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy complemented with Solution Focused Therapy.
2. Conduct client diagnostic assessments (including outcome related) and develop a treatment plan.
3. Collaborate with referral source and other service providers involved with the family when appropriate.
4. Complete related documentation in the electronic health record as required by agency and third-party payers.
5. Complete other related documentation as required by funders.
6. Comply with professional ethics and standards.
Other duties and responsibilities
1. Attend supervisory sessions including weekly consults and individual supervision, and other meetings as directed.
2. Work a schedule that is responsive to client and staff availability, which will include evening hours on a regular basis, and some weekends.
3. If licensed, maintain professional licensure, meeting training requirements.
4. Must be on clinical track for licensure through current licensing board at the State of Minnesota.
5. Remain current with best practice standards and related research.
6. All other duties as assigned by the Clinical Program Director.
Student intern supervision, intermittently.
Training and Experience:
Master’s degree in human service field is required, must be on track for clinical licensure through the State of Minnesota. Current licensure in the State of Minnesota for independent practice in social work, psychology, professional counseling, or marriage and family therapy is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of family systems and advanced principles of social work practice is required. Possess the ability to work effectively with all client and professional populations. Ability to work within a team environment, and effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers, clients, and referral sources. Must possess computer literacy preferably in Microsoft Office.
Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data entry with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas and clients’ private homes to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office and private home environments. Occasional exposure to home environments that include smoking and pets. Ability to drive in inclement weather.
To be considered a formal applicant, a completed application is necessary and a cover letter and resume is suggested. You may apply on-line or in person. An application may be filed from our website www.familyservicerochester.org or mailed to Family Service Rochester, 4600 18th Ave NW; Rochester, MN 55901. EOE.