As a client of Family Service Rochester, you have the following rights:
- To be treated with dignity and respect;
- To have your private information respected as defined by law. The law mandates exceptions to confidentiality in the case of suspected child or elder abuse and/or neglect, when a person may be a danger to themselves or others, or when there is a court order. If you wish to release information, a written consent form must be signed;
- To be actively involved in any plan which may be developed for you;
- To speak freely in an appropriate manner and to have your concerns addressed;
- To ask questions and be informed of your rights as a client of Family Service Rochester;
- To express dissatisfaction though a Formal Complaint Process;
Formal Complaint Process
We are committed to providing you with high quality professional services. However, if you are not satisfied with the services provided and if you ant to make a complaint, we require that you follow these guidelines.
- Try to resolve the issue with the staff member involved giving him or her specific information about your complaint.
- If you are unable to resolve your complaint with the staff person, please contact the appropriate Program Supervisor.
- If this is not possible or the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Executive Director.
- The Executive Director may request a meeting with you and/or seek additional information from the appropriate staff persons.
- The Executive Director will respond to all formal complaints within 2 business days and make reasonable efforts to resolve all issues at the staff level.
Clients shall be served regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin or status with regard to public assistance. In addition, clients shall be free toof exploitation by staff members of Family Service Rochester. If any concerns about treatment or services arise please contact the Executive Director or the appropriate governing board.
We would appreciate hearing from clients at least 24 hours in advance if there is a change or cancellation in appointment times. Please call (507) 287-2020. If you have any questions about these policies, please feel free to talk further with a staff member.
By filling out the following form, I am indicating that I have read the Clients Rights and Responsibilities statement (copy available upon request).