Position exists to provide case management services targeted toward families of color where children are at risk of placement, and/or abuse and neglect, and/or in need of services as a result of school attendance or behavioral issues. Primary goals will focus on engaging families to build safety and well-being for children, ensure coordinated efforts among resources to enhance case plan results, facilitate enhanced choices, and other activities. The position will seek to enhance parent self-sufficiency, increase protective factors, reduce risk factors for children and their families, and seek to enhance child and family safety, well-being and stability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct client assessments that should include identification of barriers such as housing, employment, health care, and any other social or emotional challenge that interferes in their ability to maintain child safety and well-being and attain family self-sufficiency.
2. Develop a case plan, in consultation with each family, which would address the barriers, risk factors, and needs identified in the assessment.
3. Provide direct service that includes a crisis plan, support, and referral assistance.
4. Complete required documentation for Targeted Case Management billing purposes as appropriate.
5. Complete all related documentation as directed.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Attend supervisory sessions and other meetings as directed
2. Work a schedule that is responsive to client availability, which may include evening hours on a regular basis.
3. Attend training seminars or conferences to improve skill levels, and studies appropriate literature in the field.
4. Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
No direct supervisory responsibility
Training and Experience:
MN Social Work license or license eligibility is required and relevant experience in working with families.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Possess the ability to work effectively with diverse populations; to work within a team environment; effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers and clients. Must possess computer literacy.
Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes. Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed in crisis situations and deadlines.
Must be able to regularly talk, hear, sit, and perform keystrokes to enter data entry with reasonable speed to ensure work is completed. Requires physical ability to routinely handle normal office materials and tools including frequently filing, lifting and reaching; ability to move throughout office areas and clients’ private homes to complete work assignments.
Regular exposure to normal office and private home environments. Occasional exposure to home environments that include smoking and pets. Ability to drive in inclement weather.